Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Hobbit Review



Been quite some time Battle Brothers! Sorry I haven't posted in such a long time, but I had a lot of things going on that I was trying to juggle and the blog kinda fell on the wayside. I won't bore you with details, but I needed a break from blogging. I'm still in the hobby and playing regularly and I'll get back to my hobby focused posts shortly. For now, I wanted to post a quick spoiler free review of The Hobbit which I saw last night.


I held out some hope for this movie, but sadly the action was way too over the top and unbelievable and the acting corny with one liners and quips that just seemed out of place. I get that the Hobbit is supposed to have a different feel from Lord of the Rings, but that feeling shouldn't be unbelievable and cheesy.

Most of the intense scenes were over written and over acted or spoiled by an attempted forced joke or someone saying something stupid. Ian McKellan stole the show and did a great job as Gandalf as he always does. Andy Serkis' Gollum was also impressive and you can see how much further the technology has come.

The 48 FPS I could have done without. It made everything look too real which made me think everything was fake if that makes any sense. The Hobbit is probably a movie you should see in the theatre as it is a visual spectacle and there are a lot of cool set pieces to oogle over (Rivendell, Erebor, etc.). Just expect to roll your eyes and shake your head quite a few times.

Next time, I'll post an update on my current 40K projects.

Until then,
-The Harrower

No comments:

Post a Comment