Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Dreadnought Conversion (1,000 Points • 19 Days Left)

So I got a bit done over the holiday weekend. I'm just about done with my twin-lnked heavy flamer turret. I just need to get hold of a LEGO® hose and I can call it done.

I finished up the conversion of the Dreadnought close combat arm. I didn't do anything crazy here, I just wanted to have the talons more open so both of the close combat arms didn't look exactly the same. This was really easy conversion and here's a quick tutorial.

Materials:

  • Furioso Dreadnought close combat arm
  • 3/32" Drill Bit
  • Drill
Step 1: Take your drill and drill out each of the notches where the blood talons go (see the circled areas below). This will allow the fingers/talons to open up more. You could just cut the back of the blood talons off, but I wanted to keep the extra detail on there. To do this, I used a cheap Black and Decker cordless drill that I have and just cut these these out with the side of the drill bit.  




Step 2: When you are done, you should be left with something like the below image. You can cut the notches in deeper or more shallow depending on how open you want the blood talons to be.



Step 3: Once you are done glue the blood talons in place and your close combat arm should look similar to mine below depending on how deep you cut the notches.


Here are a couple finished pictures. Like I said, this isn't as extensive as some of my other conversions, but I was going for something simple here and I am happy with the way this turned out.



I also picked up an 18" x 24" picture frame at Walmart that I'm planning on turning into my army display board and I've been painting my Death Company Stormraven. Here is my current progress before the tournament:

  • Convert: Twin-linked heavy flamer turret, Dreadnought close combat arm
  • Magnetize: all infantry backpacks, Stormraven
  • Prime: Assault Marine, Twin-linked heavy flamer turret, Dreadnought close combat arm, Magna-grapple
  • Paint: 2 Assault Squads, 2 Sanguinary Priests, Librarian, Death Company, Stormraven, Dreadnought, 2 Razorbacks
  • Base: all infantry, Stormraven, Dreadnought
  • Build: Army Display Board
  • Figure out how to: Tint the Stormraven canopies red
  • Detail Pass: Transfers on the infantry and vehicles, freehand symbols on the tanks, weathering and blood stains on the troops and vehicles, etc.

I'll have more updates in a day or two.

Until then,
–The Harrower

No comments:

Post a Comment